Destiny has been hit and miss with the larger community but the core fans have stuck to it and now with the forthcoming Destiny: House Of Wolves expansion fans are getting pretty excited. Especially after the huge information dump that occurred today during Bungie’s stream.
Earlier today Bungie held a live stream showcasing the Destiny: House Of Wolves expansion which is the second planned expansion to the large world that Bungie has created. Dedicated Reddit users were gathering the information as the stream was carried out live which you can now watch below.
Now if you don’t want to sit through that all, Reddit user Neonomi has outlined all the important information for you below. This includes new level cap, ability to upgrade guns and even re-roll their abilities among other aspects that fans are super excited about. There are even images of upcoming armor and weapons peppered in below.
- —–The Reef and Prison of Elders—–
- DLC is not required to visit the Reef.
- Story missions required before you can attempt PoE.
- Petra: Main story drive and vendor. She’s back in the Reef after her visit to the tower 7 months ago. That’s a long flight… Missed her inventory screen…
- So we can get a variant of the Queen’s patrol ship at QW rank 3. Sa-weet! No fancy flags though.
- The House of Judgment Vendor Variks is apparently the Warden of the Prison of Elders. It will shuffle through challenges or something weekly to keep it fresh.
- You’ll be able to purchase PoE gear from Variks via armor and weapon “cores” that drop in PoE. Currently looks to have one piece of armor and one weapon. His inventory was said to cycle, so new things should become available every so often.
- Wolfslayer’s Claw auto rifle acquired from Variks.
- There’ a “Shank Burn” autorifle. Didn’t catch a screen, only heard the audio. The regret is real. Several people are saying it’s a perk that increases damage to a specific enemy type.
- Queen’s Guard. They didn’t interact here, said the Queen was “Safe behind these doors.”
- Bounty bot seems the same, whether it’s the tower or the reef.
- Vault space is not separate – it’s your same vault as the tower.
- Xur will jump between the tower and the reef. (Implied. Deej obviously cryptic here.)
- —–Trials of Osiris—–
- Trials of Osiris vendor, and his vendor screen with a consumable to omit first loss. There appeared to be an item that made one win count as two.
- Trials of Osiris will run every weekend Friday thru reset.
- —–The Tower—–
- Bounty gained after having been to the Reef. Received upon arrival at the tower.
- Material Exchange! Exchanged at Speaker.
- New (ha) New Monarchy items. Red Hand IX, Vindicator Auto Rifle, Elector’s Hood, Elector’s Robes
- Dead Orbit chest piece.
- Expansion II Guns can be reforged! With We’ll visit the Gunsmith.Here’s his inventory screen. Looks very much like FeB reforging. Much like FeB rerolls, you’ll lose your experience and the such in the weapon. With the lack of damage bubbles on new gear (see “Upgrade Paths” below) this might not be as detrimental to getting your favorite perks unlocked as it may sound.
- There are a lot of new perks. Here are a few that were noticed on the new Crucible shotgun.
- New Crucible vendor inventory and new Warlock Crucible gear. They may have shown off more than this, but I had to step away for a few minutes.
- —–Weapon Upgrade Paths—–
- Gunsmith will now be selling telemetries. Looked as if they were on a cycle.
- All legendary/exotic gear (weapons and armor) will gain an “Ascend” bubble on the left of the tree, even pre-DLC. Shadow Price (!!!) for example. Unsure as to if rares will, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
- There are new perks on the DLC weapons! I’m afraid I missed any shots of descriptions, someone will have to fill in when they post the video.
- Ascend is the new upgrade path to 365. Looks like all gear can “ascend” for the right price. New economy of Ephiric Light earned from PoE and other weekly events. Picture of Etheric Light Ascend upgrade bubble. Etheric Light in inventory.
- New gear (DLC II) does not have damage/defense bubbles. Instead, this function seems to be passed off to the Ascend bubble.
- Was stated there is no cap on the amount you can get other than how many activities you can run in a week.
- Xur isn’t required to upgrade exotics anymore. It’s done via the “Ascend” bubble.
- No new ghost shells…. at this time.
- Hive Disurpter is back and usable for Black Hammer via Gothalion. No picture.
There is quite a bit of information to take in here with the Destiny: House Of Wolves expansion looming upon us. Destiny: House Of Wolves is set to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on May 19th.