4J Studios is working away on TU12 for Minecraft on the Xbox 360. After Title Update 11 brought about a number of new features for the game, Minecraft fans have already been patiently awaiting the next patch. Last month we heard from 4J who warned that June would not see the arrival of the next update, and again this month, the developers are saying that they’re still going to need some time to crank out the latest update.
“Lots of changes in the way the code works underneath the game,” said 4J Studios via Twitter. “We’re still working on TU12, there are lots of software architecture changes needed for this update. Thanks for your continued patience.”
4J Studios definitely have their plate full when it comes to Minecraft. They just released a disc-based version of the game, and are currently working on both the Xbox 360 versions of the game, and the recently announced Xbox One version of Minecraft.
When Title Update 12 does arrive for Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, it will feature Redstone Blocks and Jungle Landscape. From the sounds of it, probably a lot more as well. The studio did not give an ETA on when to expect this update.
Update: Title Update 12 has been released. For the complete listing of features in the latest Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Update go to the next page by using the arrows above.
4J Studios has also announced that Minecraft Mash-Up Packs will arrive in September. The first pack will be a Mass Effect 3 themed pack that allows players to create all-new worlds in Minecraft, with new character skins, blocks, music, and more. For more details on Mash-up Packs, head here.
There has been no mention of when the next Minecraft Update will arrive. 4J Studios has not even mentioned when fans should expect Title Update 13 for the game.
[tps_title]Minecraft Title Update 12 Features[/tps_title]
Minecraft Xbox 360 TU 12
- – Ocelot/Cat
- – Iron Golem
- – Baby Villager
- – Redstone Lamp
- – Jungle Wood Stairs
- – Jungle Wood Half Slab
- – Jungle Wood Block
- – Jungle Wood Planks
- – Jungle Tree Sapling
- – Ocelot Spawn Egg
- – (Creative Mode only) Chiseled Stone Brick
- – (Creative Mode only) Mob Heads (Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Human and Creeper)
- – New Tutorial World.
- – New map height limit (256 instead of 128).
- – Jungle Biome
- – Jungle trees
- – Cocoa beans grow on Jungle trees
- – Slabs and Stairs can be placed upside-down by placing them below a block.
- – Added Corner Stairs and upside down Corner Stairs.
- – Added 3D dropped items.
- – Added dispensing Boats and Minecarts to Dispenser.
- – New ambient cave sounds.
- – New AI for Mobs.
- – Added rare drops for Mobs.
- – Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
- – Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
- – Zombies break down doors on Hard Mode.
- – Crafting recipe for ladder now yields 3 ladders instead of 2.
- – Placing blocks on grass will replace it.
- – Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
- – Very rare Desert Wells can be found in Desert biomes.
- – Increased max boats in a world to 40.
- – When in the Nether, Snow Golems will melt and die same as when they are in Desert biomes.
- – Abandoned Mineshafts can generate with wooden bridges now when generated over a cave or over top another tunnel.
- – Doors have been updated so that double doors work better with Redstone.
- – Added a Favorites tab to the Skin Selector menu, storing most recently used skins.
- – Added support for Texture Packs and Mash-up Packs, and display of these in the Minecraft Store.
- – Fixed local player shadows not being displayed.
- – Fixed a few issues with the Privileges settings.
- – Fixed visible seams in clouds.
- – Fixed 3rd person camera issues with water, where the underwater filter would be randomly removed.
- – Fix for structures generating at the edge of a world.
- – Fix for putting enchanted items in a Minecart With Chest and destroying it removes the enchantments.
- – Fix for breaking a bow having improper animation.
- – Fix to make Minecarts run at the correct speed.
- – Fixed a few memory leaks.
- – Fixed issue with “Can Open Containers” option.
- – Fixed issues with “Can Build and Mine” option.
- – Fixed Issue with TNT blocks being triggered by explosions even with “TNT explodes” option off.
- – Fixed Wolves not tilting their heads when the player has a bone in their hand.
- – Fixed the color of Potion particles status effect to match the Potion color.
- – Fix for doors spitting in half and glitching in open/closed motion when mined.
- – Fixed artifacts on edge of flames when in first person.
- – Fixed a lot of game lighting issues.