Attack of the Fanboy
×
News

Final Fantasy XV And Kingdom Hearts 3’s Release Dates Are Most Likely After March 31st, 2016

by Damian Seeto

2436663-3517974776-51c8a-760x427

It’s looking very likely that Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 will not be coming out in the current fiscal year. This rules out the games coming out in 2015.

As reported by DualShockers, Square Enix held a presentation outlining the company’s list of games that will be out during the current fiscal year. Sadly, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 were not featured to be one of those games.

The current fiscal year runs from April 1st, 2015 until March 31st, 2016. The games that Square Enix plans to release over the next year includes: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3, Deus Ex: Machina Divided, Dragon Quest Heroes and Star Ocean 5.

Final Fantasy XV was technically first announced back in E3 2006. With the release date most likely in 2016, this means the game will have been in development for 10 years. The game’s director, Hajime Tabata, mentioned the game is 60 percent complete. It might take another year for the rest of the 40 percent to be ready.

Kingdom Hearts 3 on the other hand was announced at E3 2013. Square Enix said it is most likely going to release the game at a different time than Final Fantasy XV. In either case, it looks like it will be a very long wait until we see both games finished and ready.

SHARE THIS
Say Something

Check out our Community Guidelines and Comment Policy.