Sony and Polyphony Digital have revealed when PlayStation 4 gamers will be able to check out the highly-anticipated Gran Turismo Sport, with the game aiming for a November 15th release date. A new gameplay trailer was also released, which you can check out at the bottom of this post.
The new racing game is set to feature 137 premium cars that can be used across 19 different locations, with a new photo mode called Photo Scapes being included which is capable of outputting 4K resolution. The game will also include livery customization, which allows you to “choose and personalize your vehicle with your favorite performance brand and logos.”
Despite the previous impressions of this being a more online-focused game, Gran Turismo Sport will include an offline campaign mode that allows you to build a personalized garage and take part in an “endless” variety of challenges. There will also be Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial and 2-Player split screen modes.
However, the new Sport mode aims to take on the eSports scene via scheduled events, with players competing for a real-life FIA licence.
The game will have several different versions to choose from that are all available to pre-order today, with pre-ordering any of the versions getting you several bonuses which are the following:
- GameStop – two Early Access Bonus Cars: Chevrolet Corvette Group 3 & Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24
- PlayStation Store – GT Themed PS4 Avatars, GT Sport Dynamic Theme and $500,000 in-game credit
- Amazon – $500,000 in-game credit
All pre-orders will also come with a 3-car pack that includes the following:
- Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car
- Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3
- Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1
The standard edition of the game comes with a Pace Car pack, PS4 dynamic theme and in-game bonus credits. The digital deluxe edition comes with a livery sticker pack, a Japan theme pack, an America theme pack, a Europe theme pack, a Chrome racing helmet and 1,000,000 credits. The Collector’s edition of the game comes with a miniature model of the Mercedes-AMG GTS, as well as a guide written by Polyphony Digital. The GT Sport Limited Edition will cost $69.99 and comes with the following:
- GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
- $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
- Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
- 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
- Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
- Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging
The game marks the series’ debut on PlayStation 4, though the studio also plans to make it compatible with PlayStation VR.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018