After this month’s CoroCoro Comic came with tons of Pokemon X&Y info, Nintendo of America has come out with a press release that collects all of it in English. Feast your eyes on the brand new trailer below and then scroll down for the details.
First, we have details on the two new legendary Pokemon who also serve as their respective version mascots.
- Xerneas is a fairy type Pokemon. Its exclusive move is Geomancy, which features rainbow-colored light that erupts from the earth around it. Xerneas has the special ability Fairy Aura which takes effect in battle by strengthening Fairy-type moves for all Pokemon in battle. Fairy Aura also has a positive effect on opposing Pokemon that know Fairy-type moves.
- Yveltal is a dark and flying type Pokemon. Its exclusive move is Oblivion Wing which sends Yveltal flying high into the sky to release a powerful beam of red light that scorches the ground below. The Destruction Pokemon’s special Ability, Dark Aura, is a counterpoint to Fairy Aura, raising the strength of Dark-type moves for all Pokemon in battle. This Ability is powerfully effective in Double and Triple Battles when facing multiple opponents simultaneously.
Next up are details for five new 6th Generation Pokemon.
- Pangoro is a fighting and dark type Pokemon which evolves from Pancham. It has a violent temperament but believes in fairness and doesn’t forgive those who pick on the week. The leaf Pangoro carries in its mouth can predict its opponent’s moves. By waving its strong, heavy arms, Pangoro uses the Fighting-type move Hammer Arm to inflict great damage on opponents. The move is tremendously powerful but lowers the user’s speed.
- Inkay is a dark and psychic type Pokemon which has the ability to drain other Pokémon’s will to fight by flashing the transmitters above its eyes after which it can either attack its foe or hide from it. The flashing light emitted from Inkay’s transmitters can also be used to communicate with its friends. Inkay can learn a new Dark-type move, Topsy-Turvy, a tricky move that will reverse all of the stat changes that are affecting a target. For instance, if opponents increase their Attack and Defense stats during battle, it will suddenly come back to bite them when Topsy-Turvy is used.
- Malamar is a dark and psychic type Pokemon and evolves from Inkay and may have the strongest hypnotic force of any known Pokemon and is capable of bending opponents to its will. Humans with ill intentions try to use Malamar to aid in their devious plots. Malamar can learn the Psychic-type move Hypnosis, which leaves opponents asleep and for the most part unable to take any actions during battle.
- Swirlix is a fairy type Pokemon which is exclusive to Pokemon X. It has the ability, Sweet Veil that keeps Pokemon on the same team from being left asleep in battle. Swirlix can learn Draining Kiss which not only does damage to the opponent but also restores its own health. Swirlik eats only sweets as a results of which its body is sweet and sticky like cotton candy.
- Spritzee is a fairy type Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Y. It emits a unique fragrance that causes anyone who smells it to fall under its spell. It can learn the grass type move, Aromatherapy, which causes Pokemon to exude a relaxing fragrance that heals its allies’ status conditions like sleep or poison.
Clauncher, a water type Pokemon will be exclusive to Pokemon X while Skrelp, another water type Pokemon will be exclusive to Pokemon Y.
The Pokemon professor for the Kalos region is Augustine Sycamore.
Team Flare are the antagonists this time round though their motive is unclear for now.
Also provided was information on two new Gym Leaders –
- Grant – A Gym Leader who excels at bike racing, mountain climbing, and many other sports.
- Clemont – Accompanied by his sister, Bonnie, is a young Gym Leader who loves science. Clemont gets extremely excited by the many devices he invents.
Finally, we have news on two new gameplay features –
- O-Powers – Allows players the ability to easily power up Pokemon in their party and provides other benefits in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. O-Powers are special powers that come in various forms and can be shared between players via the new Player Search System, or PSS. Sharing O-Powers with someone you’ve connected with locally or through the Internet is accomplished by tapping a player on the Touch Screen. Some O-Powers will temporarily increase a Pokemon’s stats, while others make it easier to catch wild Pokemon or increase the Experience Points gained in battle.
- Wonder Trade – It allows players to instantly trade a Pokemon for one offered by someone else in the world. The catch? Players will make the trade without knowing which Pokemon they’ll get in return. You might receive an unexpected rare Pokemon or one that will add strength to your Pokemon party!