EA Sports has now released update 1.03 for Madden 17. It’s available on the PS4 and Xbox One and the full patch notes have also been confirmed.
The Madden 17 patch notes for update 1.03 were posted on Facebook. The update is a hefty 4.8 GB on the PS4, but only 368 MB for the Xbox One version. Official patch notes are listed below.
- Fixed a gameplay issue where the player on defense could tell if the opponent was going to run or pass
- Client-side fix for the bug where you could see ratings of the upcoming draft class prior to the draft (server fix already applied to Cloud Franchises)
- Reduce the amount of strip-tackle attempts made by the CPU
- Fixed a major desync which was happening when a user went from Skills Trainer to Online (happened fairly often after the new-user flow)
- No passing icons on PA, Force defender tuning, nano detection system tuning, users not getting stamina penalty when meter depleted
- Force defenders not dropping back vs. run when in zone coverage; Play Action desync; Fumble frequency in MUT solos.
- Lots of high priority gameplay fixes that includes:
- Stripping the Ball from behind the ball carrier is overpowered – We found a bug where the defender was getting multiple rolls at causing a fumble per animation
- Occasionally on Play-Action passes, the user would be unable to throw the ball
- Play-Action Pass Desync Online Head to Head Desync
- MUT Online – Fixed an issue with Cowboys uniforms that could result in a ‘white on white’ situation
- Acquisitions Screen showing rookie/free agent ratings before the draft – fixed
- Fixed a crash that would occur in the Guantlet after making an interception in the Big Man Rumble challenge
- Occasionally, users were triggering ‘Nano Detection’ when successfully using the ‘Off the Line Mechanic’ on RT as a pass rusher
- Occasionally, users would lose all pre-play functionality when selecting a defensive linemen while breaking the huddle
- Occasionally, user would see defensive plays disappear in the playbook screen after selecting an audible during the previous play
- Fumbles occurring too frequently in MUT solos where the CPU-controlled team started with the lead
- Force Players will be better at containing the edge once they get engaged
- Force player will be faster in breaking out of Read and React and into Force
- Cover 1 plays were sometimes not aligning to Trips formations correctly
- Occasionally, offensive linemen would run to the end zone and not block when running no huddle repeatedly in Draft Champions.
- When Force players on the playside of any non-counter runs had a zone coverage assignment, they would drop back into coverage at the snap – this has been fixed
- Fixed a Crash in Franchise mode that would sometimes occur in Franchise mode Practice during goal completion
Madden 17 just came out a few weeks ago for consoles so there are bound to be even more update patches released in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned for all of the updates.