The huge H1Z1 patch that fans are currently downloading is so big that the developers over at Daybreak Games Company have dubbed it the ‘Big Damn Patch’. It is set to implement a lot of new features and fixes to the existing game for fans to enjoy.
Announced earlier today via the H1Z1 Reddit page, the H1Z1 patch will add a new male character skin, added a R380 pistol to the arsenal and have added the addition of Workbenches. These will allow players to craft weapons and other useful receipes. Check out the full patch list below.
- New Male character model is available
- The Dam area has been given a major overhaul.
- Battle Royale starting area has been updated.
- Current Grid position is now shown on-screen(like BR). Hand drawn map has basic grid markers.
- Added a new equip slot for the face
- Fixed Bug – player will now exit a vehicle towards the same side on which they are seated.
- Fixed bug where player could sometimes get injured when moving off a rock.
- Fixed a lot of erroneous terrain bugs that have caused objects to float including cars, campsites and other smaller objects
- Added a small improvement to placing free placed items, preventing them from being able to clip through walls.
- Server optimizations made to the body sim
- Zombies will now wear the lootable hats and helmets they have in their inventory. They will carry weapons. Note: They do not the wear lootable shirts or pants yet.
- Pickup Truck first person interior has been enhanced.
- R380 pistol added to game, it is a high fire rate, low caliber pocket pistol. The R380 can be found in BR and around the world in the core game.
- 12GA Shotgun damage increased.
Zombie Spawn Changes
- Made zombie total population based on player population, to keep low-pop servers from getting completely overrun. This does not include the current wandering hordes (which are accounted for outside this number). On a server full of players, the total number of zombies is unchanged.
- Biased zombie spawns toward areas with more player heat, and more items, so that cities, camps and player firefights have the highest rate of zombie spawns, and the wilderness areas have less.
- Made the spawned zombies that occur in player spawn areas biased more toward low-speed shamblers, so that new players (with no weapons) can more easily run away.
Workbenches, Ammo Conversion, Gun Dismantling, and You
- Workbenches can be found in the world or crafted and placed. If you are close enough to the workbench you will be able to use it to create specific recipes. You don’t actually interact with the workbench at this time, you just need to have it in your proximity. It can be used to convert ammo into other types of ammo, break down guns into gun repair kits, or to create some of the existing recipes that would be too difficult to do by hand.
- Any type of ammunition can be broken down into “Gun Components”. Each bullet or shell will give you 1 Bullet Component. You can then use 2 Bullet Components to make any other type of ammunition.
- Guns can be dismantled into “Gun Parts”. Larger guns will give more gun parts. You can then use three gun parts to create a “Gun Repair Kit”. This repair kit can be used on weapons to repair them. Currently this will repair any weapon, but in the future it will be restricted to guns only.
- Metal crafting recipes will now require a workbench to create. This includes the recipes for Metal Sheets, Metal Pipes, Machete, Combat Knife, Bear Trap, Landmine, IED, and the above mentioned conversion recipes for ammo and guns.
Fans can hop on now and download the H1Z1 patch that looks to offer a lot of improvement to players eager to kill some zombies and survive alongside friends. It should be noted that the patch will include a server and player wipe. So prepare to start anew. At least the improvements make it like an all-new experiencce in some ways.