MLB The Show 22 has received another new update for May 20, 2022. The patch notes for update 6 in MLB The Show 22 can be found below and there are a number of new changes and fixes in store for players. Players will find that some issues in Diamond Dynasty and Mini Seasons have been remedied while a number of General Gameplay Fixes have been added to the game with this patch as well.
The version numbers for Update 6 are 1.06 on PlayStation4, 1.006 on PlayStation 5, 18.104.22.168 on Xbox, and 1.06 on Nintendo Switch.
Read on for the full list of changes that you’ll find in MLB The Show 22 with this latest update.
MLB The Show 22 Patch Notes May 20 – Update 6
- Hitters will have slightly less foul ball coverage, resulting in more swing and misses.
- Fixed a freeze that could occur on foul tips that bounced near the catcher.
- Users are now limited to pressing R2 to view pitch types once per pitch, for up to three seconds.
- Wind has been turned off in Online Rated games.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the “Can’t Pitch” icon to become stuck on screen.
- On balls hit in the air where runners stop to see if it is landing or getting caught, instead of going back to the previous base, runners will advance ONE base when the ball is clearly not going to be caught by the outfielder.
- Adjustments made to gesture timing for splitters and sinkers when using Pinpoint pitching. Splitters now have a more lenient criteria for perfect pitches, while sinkers now have a less lenient criteria for perfect pitches.
- Fixed an issue which allowed a pitcher to get into a position player slot in the lineup.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the away team to always wear home uniforms.
- Improvements made to game stability.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the substitution prompt to display for the incorrect user.
- If a user changes from a two-way to a one-way player the correct archetype will now be available in the loadout screen. Any missing archetypes prior to this update should now display correctly.
FRANCHISE AND MARCH TO OCTOBER
- Minor improvements made to two-way player logic.
You can check out the full patch notes for MLB The Show 22 May 20th update at the Show Website.
Update 6 should be arriving on your platform of choice by the time of this posting.