Bandai Namco has unveiled today a very special addition to the roster of fighters of Tekken 7. It none other than Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum, the protagonist of Final Fantasy XV. The heir to the throne of Lucis is seen in a new trailer receiving a call from Lars while in the store of Hammerhead, after which he goes on to fight Jin Kazama, Yoshimitsu, and other classic Tekken characters. Coming from a fantasy RPG, it was obvious that Noctis should retain some of his special abilities in this new adventure, and here he is seen using his swords and daggers, which he makes appear by magic. As it can be seen in the video the game is also receiving the stage of Hammerhead, featuring other FFXV characters in the background.
Noctis will join the game as DLC arriving in spring 2018, although as a guest character, he will not have his own story mode, being available to use in the rest of modes. A few months earlier, in January, fans will have the chance to control Noctis in another fighting game, Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT.
The crossovers with other franchises seems to be a defining trait for Tekken 7, as the game already features Akuma from Capcom’s Street Fighter, and it’s receiving Geese Howard from SNK’s Fatal Fury as DLC in December.
Tekken 7 is out now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Watch the new trailer below.
TEKKEN 7 – Noctis Lucis Caelum Reveal Trailer | PS4, XB1, PC
- Many People Having Trouble Connecting To Dragon Ball Xenoverse’s Online Servers
- Patch Update 1.02 For Dragon Ball Xenoverse Will Address Server Issues
- It’s ‘Up To Sony’ If Tekken 7 Has PS4/Xbox One Cross-Play
- Tekken 7 Will Consider Adding More Fighters And Stages From Different Countries
- Improvements Are Being Made To Dragon Ball Xenoverse’s Servers