Sony has recently released the PlayStation 3 Firmware update v3.66 so plan accordingly. It’s a mandatory install if you plan on heading on to the PlayStation Network so make sure you’ve put some time aside to download and install the new firmware next time you’re looking to spend some quality time with your PS3.
The update is said to increase system stability, but aside from keeping PS3 jailbreakers at bay, it’s unclear what the new firmware actually does. The update is a rather large install, clocking in at 178 MB, lets hope its worth the trouble. Piracy, it’s bad for everyone, and inconveniences everyone except the people that it should.
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Everything announced at the Sony E3 Press Conference
- Michael Pachter Estimates Xbox One Outsold PS4 In September
- PSN Down on PlayStation 4 (Update: Account Management and Video Now Impacted)
- How the PS3 Closed the Gap on the Xbox 360