PlayStation VR is set to launch next month, and Sony has just revealed that those who are planning to pick up the VR device will be also be getting a free demo disc with their purchase. The disc will feature 8 games to try out, which Sony claims will provide”the perfect introduction to your new virtual reality world.”
The 8 games are the following, with descriptions provided by the PlayStation Blog announcement:
- DriveClub VR: Feel the speed of high-octane racing in an entirely new way–you’ve literally never seen DriveClub like this before.
- PlayStation VR Worlds: In this demo you get to make a splash in the perilous waters of Ocean Descent, one of the five PS VR experiences available in the full game. Amazing sights, a lost secret and extreme danger all await
- Rigs Mechanized Combat League: Master some of the most sophisticated and athletic fighting machinery ever created, in fast-paced arena combat–this is the future of sport.
- Tumble VR: Explore a new dimension in puzzling with a fully 3D version of the classic block stacking game.
- Battlezone: Experience tomorrow’s battlefield today in the powerful Cobra tank, and demolish all that trundles in your path.
- EVE Valkyrie: Take to the stars and blast your way through swarms of enemy fighters in nerve-shredding space bound battles.
- Wayward Sky: Soar among the beauty of the clouds in search for your father, in a crumbling airborne fortress.
- Headmaster: Have a little kick around (erm… with your head) over at the wonderful Football Improvement Centre, which is most certainly not a prison of any kind whatsoever.
PlayStation VR is set to launch on October 13th and costs $400, though it requires a PlayStation 4 in order to use it.