Respawn Entertainment has released a new update for the PC version of Titanfall 2. It’s available now to download and it fixes several areas of the game.
The biggest change to this Titanfall 2 update on PC is “Adaptive resolution scaling”. This allows you to reduce the rendered image of the game in order to get a consistent framerate. They say it’s helpful for those that might be running the game on lower video spec cards.
They note that all machines are different, so experiment with the feature above. More patch notes are found below. A lot of changes are made.
- Stability and GPU performance improvements
- Titan weakspot highlighting respects colorblind settings
- Reduced stuttering and playback issues with voice chat
- Improved speed of allocating Private Match dedicated servers
- Adjusted Recommended settings for lower end GPUs
- Reduced hitching when changing between no antialiasing and TSAA
- Increased performance of streaming textures, reducing stalls and hitches
- Archer and Thunderbolt now go to Aim-Down-Sights when wallhanging (oops!)
- Better Network chatroom moderation tools
- Fixed various grapple gameplay issues
- Fixed Kraber shots going through Bubble Shield
- Fixed certain combinations of weapon mods and menu selection resulting in no weapon model showing in customization menus
- Fixed spawning halfway underground after playing third person animations in Kill Replay
- Fixed tracker lock-on HUD elements not reliably showing up during Kill Replay
- Fixed Titan executions not triggering reliably
- Fixed mantling up stairs
- Fixed incorrect aspect ratio when switching from fullscreen 1920×1080 to windowed 1600×900
- Fixed some rare hardlocks and crashes
- Fixed subtitles being stretched in 21:9 ratios
- Fixed race condition when accepting Origin game invite with application closed
- Fixed some display issues in Networks lobbies
- Fixed disappearing grapple rope with TSAA enabled
- Fixed NVIDIA Surround crash
Titanfall 2 is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It’s worth playing as evident by our review. Make sure to check out it after you are done with Battlefield 1.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018