ACE Team will be delivering a sequel to one of the strangest games to come out in recent memory, with Rock of Ages 2: Bigger and Boulder set to launch later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The original game saw its launch in 2011, which was a sort of action/tower defense hybrid.
The sequel will, of course, be upping the ante with improved physics and destructible environments, with more emphasis being placed on multiplayer and co-op for this next go around. Competitive matches will also be featured, with 2v2 matches supported. Scroll down for a full features list for the game.
• Up to 4-person Multiplayer – A little friendly competition never hurt anyone, so that’s why ACE Team decided to up the gate-smashing stakes by beefing up the multiplayer features of the game. Play with up to four players online in a 2v2 match to the crushing death with the ability to customize banners and colors for your “units.” Plus, the tracks now intersect, so you can knock the enemy rocks to get an advantage!
• Utter Chaos – Expanding on the first game with a more diverse selection of units and a larger focus on rock-smashing strategy in Bigger and Boulder, chaos reigns supreme! Just don’t take each turn for granite!
• Improved Physics and Destructible Environments – Developed in Unreal Engine 4, Rock of Ages II has upgraded physics and even more things to be cracked, crushed, flattened, and slammed. It’s the most fun you can have rolling rocks down a big hill!
• ACE Team’s Trademark Quirkiness – With humor is turned up to 11, players will literally rock and roll through the ages. Famous historical figures beware!
Check out the announcement trailer for the game below.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018