SMITE on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One received the 3.5 update from Hi-Rez Studios Monday. The latest update to the third-person MOBA on consoles is notable for the addition of Skadi, Norse Goddess of Winter, but also because it upgrades gameplay from 30 frames per second (fps) to 60.
The 3.5 update for SMITE on consoles is now live and available to try out. It is important to note that 60 fps gameplay is currently an option that must be turned on versus being automatically being enabled. To turn on the enhanced frame rate, go to the game’s settings, then “User Interface” and turn “Enable upcoming features” to on.
The higher framerate will be made permanent in a future SMITE update. Hi-Rez Studio making it optional for now to give players the option to switch back to 30 fps in case any issues are encountered with the release.
A host of new God skins are added with this update along with voice packs, and new SMITE Awards (aka Achievements). There is also the usual plethora of balance adjustments to all of the Gods and items in the game. It’s best to click through to get those details.
There are the following console-specific bug fixes, however.
- Season Ticket Match picks now save properly
- Fixed Sol’s Diamond/Legendary skin loading cards not displaying
- Fixed voice pack issues in Grid Match lobby
- Fixed issue with skins not displaying in grid match lobby
- Fixed a bug in the gods page that caused players to see a blank scene
- Fixed several typos in award descriptions
- Fixed an issue where single option bundles were unable to be purchased
The SMITE 3.6 PC patch is also scheduled for this week, likely Tuesday, with a new Chinese God plus an Underworld event for Arena. It will be a couple of weeks before the PS4 or Xbox One receive it.