Star Wars Battlefront 2: Most Powerful Items Will Be Earned In-Game
With the recent Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Beta taking place last weekend, EA has received a lot of feedback about the game. One of the hottest topics coming out of the beta was in the game’s Star Card system, and how it could end up making the multiplayer portion of the game “Pay to Win.”
EA has recently addressed some of these concerns with a recent statement that says they are looking at the system for launch, and “working towards” having the most powerful items earned only through in-game achievements.
EA says that the complete system with Loot Crates and progression was not in the beta, and that it will be tuned over time. While the post does say that Star Cards will still be included in Loot Boxes, it’s a good sign that at least the most powerful items won’t have a shortcut to earning them by getting a lucky roll on a premium Loot Box.
The list of things EA is looking at for the full release of Star Wars Battlefront is found below:
- There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
- As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
- Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
- Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
- If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
- And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is set for release on November 17th, 2017. We recently took the beta for a test drive and came away quite impressed. Like many others, we did see that there could be trouble brewing with this system. You can find our full impressions in the video below:
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Beta Gameplay
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Microtransactions Returning Soon
Now that the dust has settled on Star Wars Battlefront 2, it’s time for EA to monetize that sucker and…
The Usual Suspects: Call of Duty, Star Wars, Super Mario Top Software Sales Charts in December
The December numbers for NPD software sales look like you’d think they should look in one of the biggest holiday…
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update Version 1.1 in Latest Patch
The latest patch for Star Wars Battlefront 2 has released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. In the latest…
Looks Like The Star Wars Battlefront 2 Controversy Didn’t Really Impact Sales for EA
After all the public outcry people still went out in droves to buy Star Wars Battlefront 2 according to December sales figures on the PlayStation Store.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PC Mods “Should Be Ok,” says EA Community Manager
An EA Community Manager says it should be OK for players to install customization mods for Star Wars Battlefront 2.