Microsoft is making a big overhaul to its Xbox One Preview Program. Aside from adding new features, it is now being called the Xbox Insider Program.
Major Nelson posted all of the details via his official blog website. They wanted to change the name in order to reflect how they are offering more opportunities for people to provide feedback to them.
A new Xbox preview dashboard has built from the ground up and several new features have been made. Major Nelson posted some of the highlights and you can read them below.
- A new name – the Xbox Insider Hub
- Personalized to give you more relevant announcements, quests, and Insider content opportunities to get early access to select games and apps
- A new UI, inspired by the New Xbox One Experience, makes it easier to find the right info and provide more robust feedback
- The Xbox Insider profile card where your contributions in the program come front and center
- Support for multiple users on a console to participate and provide feedback
Another cool thing is that the “Xbox Insider Program will soon be open to all Xbox users“. However, system updates will still only be available for existing preview members. Still, others can try out new games and apps when they become available.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018