Aliens Fireteam Elite came out just a little over a month ago and was currently struggling in keeping the player base active. It’s not to say it was a bad game per se, but it had some questionable features that really divided the player base in terms of matchmaking among other things. Perhaps it had to do with the game’s lukewarm reviews, but it wasn’t all bad.
The latest patch has just come out and will hopefully add to the longevity of the game. Here are the patch notes below.
Aliens Fireteam Elite 1.11 Patch Notes
- Quick Play has been added to the game! Players can now queue up for any Campaign mission that matches their Difficulty and Challenge Card preferences. This option becomes available once you complete the full campaign.
- Animations have been improved for the “Salute” and “Come Here” emotes while having a pistol equipped.
- Consumable Turrets should now correctly display their elemental effects.
- Enemies should now be appropriately tracked for the Tactical Opportunities “Elimination: Elite Synthetics” and “Elimination: Pathogen Stalkers”.
- Doc players should no longer see an unintended UI notification indicating they had recharged energy for their “Trauma Station” Ability when cancelling this Ability.
- Made improvements to ultra-widescreen support.
- Fixed an issue which could prevent characters with large save file sizes from properly being loaded into a mission.
- Players should no longer be prevented from using an Aid Kit while in range of a damaged turret.
- Optimized aspects of the “Anonymize Player Names” setting’s interface.
- Corrected the interactable range of an objective in mission “Priority One: Extract”. Players should no longer be able to interact through the floor.
- Fixed locations where AI companions could get stuck in the world geometry during mission “Priority One: Extract”.
- Players should no longer be able to switch their Kit Loadout in unintended situations.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from queuing for Horde Mode and certain other missions while being in a group.
This update initially came out last week for Xbox consoles and Steam. This update just rolled out for PlayStation 4 and 5 users, so they can now partake in quick play. Search parameters in the game were stretched a bit too thin, making matchmaking nearly impossible. Hopefully now, players won’t be matched with bots anymore.
For more information regarding the game and its previous patch notes, you can check here directly from the website or their official discord. Aliens Fireteam Elite is out on PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series S/X, and PC via Steam.