If you’re interested in romancing Lae’zel in Baldur’s Gate 3, it’s important to understand her completely, including her likes and dislikes.
Lae’zel is one of my two favorite companions in Baldur’s Gate 3. She is a formidable Githyanki fighter, considered powerful even among her mind flayer-hunting kin. Here’s everything you need to know to win her over.
How to Increase Lae’zel’s Approval in Baldur’s Gate 3
Lae’zel, like many other characters of Baldur’s Gate 3, has a strong personality and things she approves of, as well as things she dislikes. In this game, gaining a character’s approval is key to successful romance. As long as you can consistently appeal to Lae’zel’s pride and Gith warrior values, it shouldn’t be too hard to make her interested in you.
Lae’zel is all about demonstrating power and conviction. She is a powerful fighter who sees diplomacy as a tool of weaklings. You mustn’t appear inferior if you want to earn her admiration. Always behave as a strong and assertive warrior, even when it may be viewed as cruel. Here’s a list of things Lae’zel approves of:
- Demonstrating combat skills and prowess.
- Taking assertive and decisive actions.
- Prioritizing personal goals over helping others.
- Expressing determination to find a cure for ceremorphosis.
- Supporting self-preservation and acknowledging the need for protection.
- Accepting challenges and facing them head-on.
- Displaying strength and resistance to external influences.
- Exhibiting a ruthless demeanor.
- Remaining composed and resisting external pressures.
- Engaging in combat, especially against formidable opponents.
- Demonstrating dominance and superiority.
As mentioned above, if you want Lae’Zel to like you, she can’t perceive you as someone who is beneath her. Choosing a path that makes you look weak or cowardly is an easy way to make her dislike you. Here’s a list of things Lae’zel disapproves of:
- Choosing non-confrontational or submissive approaches.
- Attempting to negotiate or persuade others peacefully.
- Engaging in degrading or undignified activities.
- Showing sympathy or compassion towards others.
- Demonstrating a lack of conviction or assertiveness.
- Succumbing to external pressures or influences.
How to Romance Lae’zel
Before you can have a romantic scene with Lae’zel, you must progress enough in the campaign for her to notice your actions and make sure that she won’t see you in a negative light. For that to happen, you must consider what she’d think of your actions and choose what to do accordingly. Her perception of you may fluctuate based on the unfolding events in the story and interactions at the campsite.
Act 1 Romance Choices
To romance Lae’zel, you must increase her approval rating to High before approaching her at the camp during Act 1. Make pro-Gith statements and firmly align yourself with her views while demonstrating strength in behavior and combat. Always choose dialogue options that make you look powerful and secure, and take Lae’zel’s side when she explains how to deal with the mind flayers.
Act 2 Romance Choices
If you maintain Lae’zel’s approval, she will eventually admit how much you’ve been on her mind. Then, she will challenge you to a one-on-one duel on the spot. The winner of the duel isn’t what matters. Winning the duel makes Lae’zel realize you’re strong enough to protect her. However, if Lae’zel wins, she realizes her love for you prevents her from causing you any harm.
Act 3 Romance Choices
At this point, things will depend on what happened to Lae’zel during Act 1 and Act 2. If she remained loyal to the Lich Queen, Lae’zel will end her relationship with you. It seems that being a dragon rider for the Lich Queen and being someone’s significant other are not compatible roles. If Lae’zel’s loyalty switches and she decides to serve Orpheus, your relationship with her will endure and can affect scenes at the end of the game.
- This article was updated on November 14th, 2023