Becoming a Sniper in Cyberpunk 2077 boils down to creating the right build with perks, attributes, and appropriate weapons. The playstyle of a Sniper is simple: keeping your distance from enemies while you pick them off one by one, dealing high damage output. This guide will cover creating the best Sniper build in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0.
How to Make the Best Sniper Build in Cyberpunk 2077
If you want to maximize the potential of a Sniper build in Cyberpunk 2077, you’ll need to invest points into the correct attribute. The “Cool” attribute is your best friend here, and its progression will increase your proficiency with Sniper Rifles.
Attributes and Perks for a Sniper Build
At first, you’ll only have access to 8 perks within the Cool Attribute tree, but as you add more Attribute Points, you’ll access more perks that can be unlocked. Your goal is to reach level 20 in Cool and access the “Legend” section of the skill tree. As you invest Attribute Points into Cool, follow the progression of perks we have listed below to create a deadly sniper.
- Small Target (Rookie): +20% Mitigation Chance when crouched and not moving.
- Killer Instinct (Rookie): +25% damage with knives, axes, and silenced guns outside combat. They also provide a preview of the estimated damage.
- Focus (Pro): +10% headshot and weakspot damage.
- Focus Level 2 (Pro): Unlocks Focus mode. This mode automatically activates when you aim while at full Stamina. When active, shooting has no stamina cost, allowing for more accurate shots.
- Head to Head (Pro): When Focus is active, neutralizing an enemy with a ranged attack resets its duration.
- Deadeye (Phenom): +10% headshot and weakspot damage.
- Deadeye Level 2 (Phenom): -25% Stamina Cost for shooting.
- Deadeye Level 3 (Phenom): Unlocks Deadeye mode, which is active above 85% Stamina. When active, it increases headshot damage by +20% and weakspot damage by +20%. No bullet spread.
- Long Shot (Phenom): When Deadeye is active, your shots always deal full damage regardless of distance.
- Nerves of Tungsten-Steel (Legend): When Deadeye is active, it guarantees Crit Hits for headshots and weakspots. Also, damage increases as distance increases at a max of +25%.
Following this path in the Cool Attribute will lead to a sniper that can deal the most damage possible. As you progress higher into the skill tree, on your way to Legend, you will deal more headshot and weakspot damage with minimal bullet spread and more Stamina for accurate shooting.
Cyberpunk 2077 has many Sniper Rifles that can be used towards a solid build. Two stand out in the game: Overwatch and the Ashura Smart Sniper. The former has a bonus towards a headshot damage multiplier and a bonus for Armor Penetration. On the other hand, the Ashura Smart Rifle homes in on targets, reduces lock-on time by 50%, and increase the chance to apply damage-related status effects by 5%
Here is how you can get both the Overwatch and Ashura Smart Sniper in Cyberpunk 2077:
Ashura Smart Sniper
Players can get the Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle in the prologue of Cyberpunk 2077, making it an excellent choice for early game. During the “The Pickup” mission, head to the Maelstrom Headquarters location (marked by your mission waypoint) and find Royce, who has a package for you.
Instead of deciding to pay for the package, kill Royce and his gang members. Afterward, head into Royce’s office, which is directly behind him, and inside, you will find the Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle in a safe.
Overwatch is more of a middle game Sniper, but it is worth acquiring for your end-game build. Players can get the Overwatch Sniper in Cyberpunk 2077 by following Panam’s storyline, a character you meet in Act 2. Completing Panam’s “Riders on the Storm” mission will reward you with the Overwatch Sniper. It’s Panam’s gift to you for all your hard work.
Best Cyberware for a Sniper Build
Cyberware are crucial in improving the potential of your Sniper build. When you visit a Ripperdoc, check to see if the Cyberware says “Cool Attuned.” This means it scales well with your Cool Attribute, leading to a deadlier Sniper Build. Here are some suggestions when purchasing Cyberware from a Ripperdoc for a sniper build.
- Shock Absorber (Hands): -14% recoil. +0.2% headshot and weakspot damage per Cool Attribute Point. +2.4% health. +1.9% Melee Damage Resistance.
- Lynx Paws (Legs): +50% quieter movement. +8% crouched movement speed. +0.2% headshot and weakspot damage per Cool Attribute Point. +4.8% Bonus Stealth Damage.
- Kiroshi Optics (Face): +0.2% headshot and weakspot damage per Cool Attribute Point. +2.4% headshot damage multiplier. +2.4 Health.
Now that you know how to create the best sniper in Cyberpunk 2077, ensure you understand how to utilize it. Keep your distance and find a solid sniping spot, and you should be good to clear large areas of bad guys.
Also, a bonus tip: always keep a secondary weapon on hand, such as a pistol or a shotgun, just in case enemies spot you and decide to flank your position.
- This article was updated on September 28th, 2023