Update 1.56 has arrived for Call of Duty: Warzone, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This update weighs in at roughly 3 GB, and PlayStation players have the opportunity to preload this patch ahead of the other platforms as per usual. There’s a lot of stuff on the horizon for Warzone, including a collaboration with Godzilla and King Kong. This update paves the way for the upcoming monster event while also fixing some bugs and balancing some weapons. Here’s everything new with Call of Duty: Warzone update 1.56.
Call of Duty: Warzone Update 1.56 Patch Notes
Raven Software has finally released the official list of patch notes, detailing battle royale changes and bug fixes. Here’s what’s new:
Battle Royale Adjustments
At the start of Season Two Reloaded, we talked about our intent to merge the core and Vanguard Royale experiences into a single, coherent Mode. We’ve now arrived at the final step of the merger, with Vanguard Royale Public Events joining the core BR event pool.
- Public Events
- Cash Drops
- Heavy Weapon Drops
- Loadout Drop Events:
- First, free Loadout Drop now occurs earlier
- This change should make for better parity in the power curve.
- Second free Loadout Drop remains in the 5th Circle
- Guaranteed Events:
- Heavy Weapon Crate
- Plunder Crate
- Being incentivised to landing in different locations due to Legendary loot appearing in the early game is a good opportunity for POI rotation.
- 4th Circle
- Fire Sale
- Having mid-game events help players restock their inventory and give players improved looting opportunities in the mid-to-late game, especially if returning from the Gulag.
As a reminder, here are some of the other changes that were implemented to core BR over the previous weeks:
- Default core health is now at 150 (up from 100)
- Dead Silence will remain as Legendary ground loot
- “Big Game Bounty”
- “Top Secret”
- “Supply Drop”
We’re excited to see this initiative come to fruition and look forward to monitoring your continued feedback. Time to drop in!
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue where the Restock and Quick Fix Perk descriptions did not match their current functionality.
- Fixed an issue where some Keyboard and Mouse button prompts could be seen when using a Gamepad.
- Fixed an issue where the button prompt when receiving a Playlist Update would incorrectly say “Exit” instead of “Restart Now”
- Fixed an issue where Players could not invite other Players to join their party from the “Invite From Social” menu.
- Fixed an issue where “The Wall” Blueprint would disappear in-game before Players could receive it.
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to clip through Golden Bunker doors.
- Fixed an issue causing Combat Shield Blueprints to not appear correctly when equipped in a Loadout.
This update is small when compared to previous Warzone patches, so it only contains some minor new additions. Plus, Season 3 of Vanguard and Warzone is just around the corner, so any major new weapons, map changes, or balance adjustments will probably be saved for the start of the new season.
Task Force Harpy have discovered treasure troves of classified arms. The truth will soon be unearthed. pic.twitter.com/1efe4Hm7JF
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) April 13, 2022
Still, there’s still plenty left to enjoy in Season 2. Snoop Dogg joins Warzone and Vanguard today after coming to Call of Duty: Mobile earlier this month, and the Godzilla and King Kong crossover event will likely be the climactic conclusion of the season that leads into Season 3. A full roadmap for Warzone and Vanguard Season 3 will be released in the coming days, revealing the new weapons, map changes, operators, and more coming to both games next month.
Call of Duty: Warzone is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- This article was updated on April 19th, 2022