Final Fantasy XIV will be down for maintenance to implement a Patch 5.58 hotfix and address other issues, and here’s everything we know about the hotfixes. Patch 5.58 was deployed just a few weeks ago, removing the weekly loot restrictions in certain raids and ushering in Season 20 of the Feast in PvP. There won’t be any new features added after this downtime period because it isn’t a new patch. Here’s everything we know about the Patch 5.58 hotfixes in Final Fantasy XIV.
Final Fantasy XIV Update 5.58 Hotfix Patch Notes
- The increased healing potency effect of the scholar PvP action “Dissipation” has been reduced from 50% to 25%.
- The following adjustments have been made to treasure coffers which appear upon defeating False Idol in the Tower at Paradigm’s Breach:
- The number of 2B cards that appear have been reduced from 3 to 2.
- The stuffed android units furnishing item is now guaranteed to appear.
- All minions obtainable from these treasure coffers are now guaranteed to appear.
- All orchestrion rolls obtainable from these treasure coffers are now guaranteed to appear.
- The following issues were addressed.
- An issue in custom matches for the Feast causing spectators to be able to perform actions against participants.
- An issue causing the hotbar of some jobs of a given character to reset when leaving the login queue to log in with another character before logging in with said character.
- An issue causing the server to crash under certain conditions.
The maintenance period will last from August 23 at 6 PM PDT to August 24 at 3 AM PDT, making this a nine hour maintenance period. The downtime for Patch 5.58 was already abnormally long, likely because that maintenance period included server adjustments as well, and now this downtime period is continuing that trend.
Final Fantasy XIV has seen a gigantic influx of new players this summer, so these server infrastructure improvements are appreciated. Several popular Twitch streamers have started playing FFXIV recently, and the game’s concurrent player count keeps ballooning to new heights. Whether this momentum can be maintained until the highly-anticipated launch of the Endwalker expansion this November remains to be seen, but for now, Eorzea has no shortage of sprouts.
Final Fantasy XIV is available now on PC, PS4, and PS5.
- This article was updated on August 24th, 2021