With November comes another round of Pokémon GO‘s specialized Community Days, this time focusing on Shinx. This Shinx Community Day actually marks the first time the Flash Pokémon is at the center of an event like this, and it’s a great time to stock up before the next drought. With just one day to participate, however, you’ll want to make sure you’re well prepared before going in. This guide will help you make the most of the upcoming Shinx Community Day on Pokemon Go’s November 2021 calendar.
Shinx Community Day Guide
In this guide we’ll be covering every main aspect of the Shinx Community Day event. When it is, what bonuses you’ll receive, and whether or not you’ll have a chance to grab a Shiny. To start, we’ll hit the most important prerequisite: when the event is scheduled.
When is the Shinx Community Day
Despite the name, the Shinx Community Day will not last a full 24 hours. Instead, players will have 6 hours to participate in the event. This spans from 11 AM to 5 PM local, so you won’t have to worry about any timezone other than your own. If you want to get the most from the event, try to clear some time in the afternoon in order to head out and get started early.
What’s Going On During the Shinx Community Day
For being only 6 hours long, this event is fairly dense. We’ll try to summarize, though, to keep things quick and easy to read.
- Incubated Eggs will hatch in 1/4th their standard distance
- Incense will last 3 hours when activated
- Lures will last 3 hours when activated
- 3x as much Transfer Candy will drop
- Transferring Pokémon has a 4x chance of yielding Candy XL
- Evolving a Luxio into a Luxray, or otherwise catching a Luxray, will grant the Exclusive Move Psychic Fangs
- Shinx, along with its Shiny counterpart, will appear at higher rates
- The Special Research Story “Flash, Spark, and Gleam” will be available for $1 USD, likely offering a chance at a higher IV Shinx
- Photos taken during the event have a chance of being photobombed by Shinx
- For the price of 1,280 Poké Coins, a Community Day Box in the in-game store will offer
- 50 Ultra Balls
- 4 Incense
- 4 Star Pieces
- Elite Charged TM
- 30 Ultra Balls will be available in the shop at no cost
What is Luxray’s Exclusive Move and Is It Worth It
Luxray’s new move, Psychic Fangs, is a Charged Attack that will lower the Defense of your opponents. It boasts 30 Power during Gym and Raid battles, with a boost to 40 Power in Trainer battles. In addition, you’ll find it to be super-effective against Fighting and Poison-type Pokémon.
Whether or not this sounds particularly appetizing to you is entirely personal. Bear in mind, however, Psychic Fangs won’t be learnable outside of this event unless you find yourself in the possession of an Elite TM. To satisfy both worlds, it’s recommended that you try and evolve at least one Luxio into Luxray. Outside of this event, you can always just evolve another without the move if you find it less-than-useful.
How to Catch Shiny Shinx
Shiny Shinx, along with its associated family, will be far more common during the Shinx Community Day event. Depending on how much time you have available, simply traveling around and snatching up every Shinx you see might be enough to snag a few over the whole course of the event. However, if you really want to stay secure in your chances it’s recommended that you try and complete the Special Research tasks, which often hand out bonuses useful in searching for more Shinies.
With that, everything about the Shinx Community Day should be covered. If you’re looking to catch up on any other events in November 2021, you can check out the rest of the calendar by clicking here. In addition, we have an extensive list of other guides for the game accessible through here.
Pokémon GO is available for free on Android and iOS devices.