Update 1.02 has arrived for Rust Console Edition, and here’s the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This update aims to fix most of the issues that players have been encountering during the pre-order early access period for Rust Console Edition. While it doesn’t address every issue with the game at the moment, it does correct most of the important problems that were blocking progression or causing performance problems. The game should be much more stable after installing this update, especially on Xbox Series X, and there shouldn’t be as many issues with the server browser. Here’s everything new with Rust Console Edition 1.02.
Rust Console Edition Update 1.02 Patch Notes
- Fixed server-side issue causing progress rollbacks
- A critical failure causing loss of progress has been fixed server-side. We will need to coordinate a one-time wipe across all servers to deploy this change. Please keep an eye out on our blog for details.
- Fixed Xbox Series performance
- A problem with the backwards compatibility config was causing poor performance on the Xbox Series family of consoles. This has been corrected.
- Fixed server filters and search
- A problem with server list paging was causing servers to intermittently disappear from the list when applying filters and searching by name. This has been resolved.
- Fixed level 2 workbench crafting
- We’ve fixed a problem preventing players from crafting a level 2 workbench.
- Fixed gunpowder crafting
- We’ve fixed a problem preventing players from crafting gunpowder.
- Fixed corn server kick
- We’ve fixed a problem causing players to be kicked from a server when eating corn.
- Fixed issue with team system
- A problem causing players to be unable to rejoin their team after leaving a server has been resolved.
- Fixed issue with sleeping bag assignment
- We’ve fixed an issue preventing players from assigning sleeping bags to their friends. Note that you must be in a team to share sleeping bags, this was causing some additional confusion around the bug.
- Fixed missing skin textures
- Textures for some skins were failing to load and showing as bright pink (doors, for example). This has been resolved.
- Fixed poor texture quality on base Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- An issue causing some textures to draw blurry on the base editions of Xbox One and PS4 consoles has been fixed.
- Fixed inverted camera and sensitivity settings
- Some camera and sensitivity settings were being applied in reverse. This has now been fixed, so please readjust your sensitivity settings.
- Fixed strafing and auto-sprint on Xbox
- Strafing was a little tricky on Xbox due to some errors in sensitivity calculations, which also had the knock-on effect of disabling auto-sprint every time it tried to activate. This has been resolved.
This update addresses most of the major issues that players were encountering during the pre-order early access period, most notably the bug involving the Tier 2 Workbench and crafting Gunpowder. Xbox players should no longer have problems with the 5-second freeze that some people were encountering, and strafing should now work like it did in the game’s beta. Xbox Series X performance was also notably worse than the beta, but performance has been fixed in this update. Unfortunately, some other bugs have not been fixed, but Double Eleven is currently hard at work on patch 1.03.
Rust is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. For more information regarding this patch, visit the official Rust Console Edition site.
- This article was updated on:May 20th, 2021