Target Blast is a new mini-game in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. In this mode you need to break targets using a huge bomb that you will fling toward the other side of the map. It sort of plays like Smash’s version of Angry Birds. One of the Challenges in the game is to score over 2,000,000 points in Target Blast using a combination of all available characters. This isn’t too difficult using a bunch of characters, but if you want to score big with each of them then you’ll want to follow these tips:
- The timer doesn’t start until you touch the bomb. Make sure your first hit is worth it by using your character’s most powerful move.
- You don’t have to beat up the bomb the whole time, in fact hitting it early can be beneficial as it will fly through the targets and explode only when the time runs out.
- Remember that you get two turns, and the targets don’t come back
- Decide on a strategy when you begin, i.e. one shot low and the other high
- After your first shot is done try to decide where will be the best place for your last shot to explode.
- Look for either of the two exploding boxes and aim for them if they are still on the board
- Don’t neglect the back wall, smashing the bomb into it with a powerful attack at a high percentage will send the bomb higher toward the targets. If your first shot was low and you’re having trouble getting the upper targets you’ll want to try this.
- Finally, be careful with the bomb. You don’t want it flying off the platform before you are able to aim properly. There are light walls that will keep it in, but they can easily be broken if the bomb is at too high of a percent or your attack was too hard.
- To avoid this look for characters with powerful up smashes or attacks. Sending the bomb high into the air and juggling it will get that percentage up for your final attack.
Follow these tips and you’ll get 2,000,000 or more pretty easily.