Attack of the Fanboy
×
News

Analyst Believes Nintendo NX Won’t Be Released In 2016

by Damian Seeto

Nintendo-760x428

A well known gaming analyst believes the Nintendo NX console won’t be released in 2016. The company will only announce and reveal the new console next year.

As reported by Twinfinite gaming analyst Michael Pachter talked more about the Nintendo NX console on his Pachter Factor show.

Pachter made a prediction as to when we might see the Nintendo NX console in the United States. He said: “I would say 20% chance it comes out in 2016 in the U.S., 80% chance it comes out in 2017. If you don’t see it before E3, there’s a 0% chance it’s coming out in 2016

He predicts Nintendo will do a similar strategy as they have done on the past. Nintendo usually reveals hardware at E3 in a particular year and the actual console itself does not ship until 18 months later.

A late 2016 release for the NX could be a possibility, but might be a slim chance. This all depends on how Nintendo wants to take advantage of the current console market. They don’t want to repeat the mistakes of the Wii U by releasing underpowered hardware too early.

The only confirmed news we know about the Nintendo NX is that the company will announce and reveal the console in 2016.

SHARE THIS
Say Something

Check out our Community Guidelines and Comment Policy.