Ark: Survival Evolved took awhile to come to PlayStation 4 compared to its release on PC and Xbox One, with Sony’s policies causing some holdups with the game’s launch on PSN. However, since the game launched on the platform in December it has enjoyed big success, and that continues as we learn that the game has just surpassed 1 million copies sold on the platform.
While this is certainly great news to hear, it’s not the only thing we have to report. It has been revealed that new content is out in the form of Tek Tier that’s available for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game, which will bring lots of new gear to the game. This new content will be released in phases, but the following is everything that will be included with phase one:
- TEK Helmet – Contains a built-in oxygen tank and three different type of vision: Sonar, which identifies tribes, allies, enemies and creatures, Night (see in the dark) and a combined Sonar/Night mode.
- TEK Boots – These boots let players scale vertical surfaces with ease, along with negating any falling damage.
- TEK Pants – Enable a super run that lets players speed through solid objects. Combined with the TEK Shirt, the pants allow for faster flight and a cool superheroic stance.
- TEK Shirt – Jet Pack! Ever wanted to be Iron Man? Don this item then rocket upwards into space or hover above your enemies to better view the devastation you have wrought!
- TEK Gauntlets – Powerful super punch – dash-smash your foes across the map with this powered up fisticuffs feature.
- TEK Rifle – Powered by Element, the rifle features a scope that can sync up with the TEK Helmet’s vision modes for double the death-dealing.
- TEK Rex Saddle – Mount lasers on your T-Rex. Yes…lasers…on…a…T-Rex
- TEK Replicator – Needed for crafting items from the TEK tier.
- TEK Transmitter – This portable terminal functions similarly to an Obelisk, allowing players to transfer characters, creatures and items across the ARK.
Ark: Survival Evolved is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018