By far the best part of Destiny’s recent DLC, The Dark Below, was the new Raid titled Crota’s End. One important piece has been missing though, the hard mode. Offering additional loot prizes for its completion, Crota’s End hard mode also adds in a lot of changes to the mission, causing players to have to relearn how to send Crota to his doom. The big question has been, when will this be added to the game, and the answer is now “soon”. Unfortunately that is about all that Bungie has said on the matter, but it looks to be very soon with the latest update saying “Hard Mode for Crota’s End is going through the final few stages of deployment. It’s almost ready.”
Beyond that Bungie has issued some additional patches that fix the game in many ways. This update will hit soon, possibly as early as January 13th. Take a look at the full list below:
- The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
- The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.
- Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.
- Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
- Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.
- Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.
- Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
- Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
- Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.
- Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.
- This article was updated on:February 20th, 2018