With Battlefield 1’s first of four expansion DLC’s “They Shall Not Pass” arriving shortly in the month of March, DICE the studio responsible of the long standing fps franchise has finally revealed details of what the Battlefield 1 playerbase can expect in terms of future content for the game.
Which according to a post they published earlier today, the Battlefield 1 playerbase can expect the inclusion of naval battle, snow maps and the addition of “unique” weapons in the upcoming expansion releases.
Check out the details of each of the four expansions set to arrive for Battlefield 1 below:
They Shall Not Pass:
- Play as one of the most ferocious armies in WW1 – the French. Engage in the savage fighting around the furnace of Verdun, and descend into the bowels of Fort de Vaux where barbarous battles rage in the gas-filled corridors. Take part in the largest tank assault of the war by the Aisne riverbanks.
In the Name of the Tsar:
- Enter the biggest front of WW1 with the Russian Army. Ride in Galicia with the legendary Hussars during the Brusilov offensive. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.
- Participate in the amphibious warfare of WW1. Embark with the new destroyer into intense tactical naval clashes. Master the coastal class airship in the fierce interplay between land, air and sea. Engage in the daredevil Zeebrugge raid and storm the beaches in the first days of the Gallipoli offensive.
- Go over the top in the most infamous battles of WW1. Conquer bitterly contested ground with brutal tools and unique weapons born out of desperation and deadlock. Never before have the nightmarish horrors of the Great War been closer as you descend into hell. Prepare to enter the Apocalypse.
From the looks of the details of each expansion DICE has planned for the Battlefield 1 playerbase, it looks like the community is in for a real treat. Especially if the second expansion includes the Tsar Tank as a unique behemoth for some of the included maps. And as always, to those who own the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass will get to experience every upcoming DLC two weeks earlier.
Additionally, to celebrate this occasion, DICE is also offering a free trial of Battlefield 1 on the PC and Xbox One platforms from March 3 – March 5. With the Xbox One platform getting full access of the title while the PC side gets a 10 hour trial of the game and access to two of the multiplayer maps.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018