The Xbox One’s Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is set to be getting its second title update later today, and it is certainly a big one. The patch is set to go live at 9AM PST, and it will take up around 5GB of space.
While a lot of things are being tweaked, the biggest improvement is for the Boomshot’s hit registration, which has been a problem that fans brought to the attention to the developers repeatedly. Click right here for more details regarding the update, and scroll down for the patch notes:
- Kills in Social playlists now also count towards the ‘Seriously’ achievement
- Improvements to Boomshot hit registration
- Addressed some matchmaking issues that caused long wait times
- Improvements to hit registration on downed enemies (sponging)
- Small improvements to the Left Trigger Issue
- Fixed hit detection when shooting an enemy in cover against the top pillars on Clocktower
- Removed POI on Right Stick for Alternate Control Scheme
- Bug fixes and general improvements
- Increased Execution XP to better match the gain in other modes
- Moved Blitz from Competitive to Social
- Added a new Competitive TDM playlist
- Returned Warzone as a permanent playlist
- Returned Assassination as a playlist for a limited time
Gears Of War: Ultimate Edition is available now for Xbox One, though the PC version is set to launch next month.