The Wii U launched almost two years ago and in that time has had a number of system updates, but there is one in particular that Nintendo had yet to add, until now. Nintendo has revealed that System Update 5.2.0 is now live for all Wii U consoles.
Unlike the last update in mid-August, this one adds a few different features, including the much requested folder feature that we’ve seen on the Nintendo 3DS.
- Changes to the Wii U Menu:
- Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
- A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
- Changes to Quick Start Menu:
- The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
- Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
- Changes to the HOME Menu:
- The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
- Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
- Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
- Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Having folders will make organizing your Wii U menu much easier, especially for those that have a lot of downloaded games. What other features would you like to see come in upcoming system updates for the Wii U?