Blue Isle Studios, the independent developer behind Slender: The Arrival and Valley, has announced a new MMORPG centered around magic, exploration, and crafting. Citadel: Forged with Fire features a large open-world sandbox for players to start their adventures in its magical world.
In the world of Ignus, players can “tame mighty beasts, forge alliances, explore uncharted territories or fight for dominance.” You will also be able to build your own castles and customize your character. The trailer below even shows players riding on broomsticks and casting spells, evoking a lot of Harry Potter nostalgia when you’re reminded of Quidditch.
Content available when it releases in Early Access includes:
- 36 square kilometers of land with caves, dungeons and enemy camps to explore and loot
- A large variety of skills and crafting recipes to be earned and unlocked across 60 player levels
- A selection of spells with a variety of functions including combat, beast taming, telekinesis and resource harvesting
- A robust and flexible structure building system with hundreds of structural pieces and magic enhancements
- A wide swath of enemy creatures to fight, tame and mount
- Ability to freely fly by means of broomsticks, potions and beast taming
- A dynamic loot system providing near infinite variety among item drops
- A House system allowing for player alliances and large-scale team play
While the game is in Early Access, Blue Isle said that players can look forward to new content including more unique weapons and armor, new creatures, expanded building options, a more dynamic world, and mod support. In addition, the House system will be expanded to further incentivize group play and encourage House vs House warfare.
Citadel: Forged with Fire is coming to Steam Early Access on July 26, 2017. The developer anticipates that Citadel will be in Early Access for around 8-12 months, with a full launch planned for 2018. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are expected to be released at a later date.
Citadel Announcement Trailer
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018