Konami has revealed that the multiplayer aspect of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, called Metal Gear Online, will be getting an update in the near future that will add a new Survival game mode and a pack of new maps. The information was revealed on Twitter via the official Metal Gear Online account, which posted the following:
New DLC planned for MGO, including new maps, Survival, and more! Further details to come pic.twitter.com/iDu5CSJ113
— Metal Gear Online (@MetalGearOnline) December 17, 2015
Prior to these additions being added to Metal Gear Online, the game has just received a new update that allows new players to level up faster to catch up with those who have been playing since the beginning. Seeing as the game was no doubt a big-ticket Christmas gift, this is probably best for everyone involved to ensure that the newcomers don’t get destroyed too much too early.
Some of the other alterations that are a result of the update are as follows:
- Sped up the draw speed of all handguns except the TORNADO-6.
- Reduced the draw speed of all machine guns and the SERVAL AMR-7.
- Decreased the damage value on S1000, KABARGA-83, and BULLHORN SG.
- Extended the firing interval on S1000, KABARGA-83, and BULLHORN SG.
- Increased the knockback value on S1000, KABARGA-83, RASP TB-SG, M2000-D, and URAGAN-G.
- Decreased the amount of sway when aiming through a weapon with attachments such as scopes and sights while moving.
- Decreased the flash effect and damage range on STUN GRENADE.
- This article was updated on:December 29th, 2015