Capcom has revealed today all the details on the content included in the upcoming first major update of Monster Hunter: World, which launches on March 22. The package will be put available for free to all owners of the game, and it contains some elements and features that will sure grant players many additional hours of hunting joy. The main new addition of this pack is Deviljho, a new creature that longtime fans of the series surely know as one of the toughest enemies they have ever faced. This bipedal Brute Wyvern will prove to be a big challenge to all players, but in turn they will receive great rewards like the materials to craft the brand new weapons Vangis α and Vangis β, as well as new Deviljho-inspired versions of all the current 14 types of weapons.
Another of the new features of this update is the launch of the Spring Blossom Fest, an event that will run from April 5 through April 18 PT or April 5 through April 20 GMT, bringing fun activities, special decorations to the Celestial Pursuit and plenty of special-themed food. Through one of the event quests related to this festival we’ll be able to get the tickets necessary to craft the Mega Man gear and the Wyvern Ignition Great Sword.
The update will also implemente the following balance changes to certain equipment:
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability.
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active.
- Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks.
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase.
- Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use.
- Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases.
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use.
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial.
- Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length.
- Bow: fixed various bugs.
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made.
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made.
Finally, Capcom is letting players the chance to edit the gender and physical appearance of each player’s hunter, although this will be in the form of a one-use only token, so be wise about what changes are you going to make. For more information, visit Capcom’s Unity Blog.
- This article was updated on:March 14th, 2018