The Doom series will be returning in a couple of months, with information announcements regarding the game becoming more and more frequent. While we got a look at the multiplayer maps recently, now Bethesda and ID Software are showing us the multiplayer modes.
Of the 6 multiplayer modes detailed, the 3 new ones are called Souls Harvest, Freeze Tag and Warpath. The other 3 multiplayer modes are Team Deathmatch, Domination and Clan Arena. You can check out the video showing off all 6 of the modes briefly at the bottom of this post.
If you missed out on the reveal of the nine multiplayer maps, scroll down for a brief rundown of each:
- Excavation – A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
- Infernal – A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
- Chasm – This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
- Disposal – This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
- Helix – This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
- Perdition – Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
- Sacrilegious – Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
- Heatwave – An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
- Beneath – Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.
Doom is set to launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on May 13th.