Rise of the Tomb Raider will finally be making its way to PlayStation 4 next week, though developer Crystal Dynamics has announced a promotion that anyone who owns any version of the game can take part in. Playing the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 or PC next week will get you 100,000 in-game credits absolutely free, and all you have to do is boot the game up to get the credits.
This promotion will run from October 11th to October 18th at 11:59 PM PT. These credits are used to purchase Expedition Card Packs, which contain a variety of different gameplay modifiers for the game’s Expedition game modes. Some yield helpful bonuses like giving you fully-upgraded weapons, while others can comically give Lara or her enemies giant heads.
The following is a breakdown of the card packs that can be purchased with these credits:
- Bronze Pack (5,000 credits): Includes five random cards
- Silver Pack (20,000 credits): Includes five random cards, one uncommon card guaranteed
- Gold Pack (60,000 credits): Includes five random cards, one rare card guaranteed
- Advantage Pack (20,000 credits): Includes five random cards giving Lara some form of advantage
- Challenge Pack (20,000 credits): Includes five random cards that boost the game’s difficulty in various ways
- Wild Pack (20,000 credits): Includes five cards chosen at random from the strangest cards in the game
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration launches for PlayStation 4 on October 11th. It includes the full game plus all previously-released DLC, as well as the upcoming Blood Ties DLC. This DLC will also include PlayStation VR support, which allows players to explore Croft Manor in virtual reality.