The PlayStation 3 console was recently deemed superior by Hilary Goldstein the editor-in-cheif of IGN. IGN is one of the largest if not the largest video game website/online magazine in the world, and the editor in chief made recent comments in an almost Jerry McGuire-esque fashion. Long known as the biggest of the Xbox fans, covering the console for IGN, Goldstein iterated the coming troubles for the Xbox 360.
Goldstein also noted that the quality of PS3 games are far superior to that of the Xbox 360, and that in the future, multiplatform titles will look and play better on the PS3.
Noted weaknesses of the Xbox 360 console:
– Costly Live Membership
– Poor Xbox Live Arcade Titles
– Divided Attention between Kinect and Rest of Library
– More friendly online community on PS3
– No Xbox 360 exclusives to look forward to
– Trophies are better than achievements
– PlayStation Plus is worth the money, Xbox Live is not
In all fairness, he did state that this would not affect how IGN covers video games. So those that are worried about the largest video gaming online/magazine offering a slanted view on upcoming titles, fear not. IGN will continue to provide you with objective coverage. It’s just that the editor hates 1/3 of the available gaming consoles. Maybe “hates” is too strong of a word. He “thinks’ that nearly every debatable feature of the Xbox 360 is inferior to the PlayStation 3.
- This article was updated on:March 7th, 2018