The PlayStation Network was set to resume service before week’s end, but with the week coming to a close and still no sign of PSN, SCEA has issued an update concerning the status of the recent testing of the network. Sony says that it’s still working to confirm the security of the network infastructure. This includes working with outside security teams to verify the safety of the online experience.
Bottom line, the PSN won’t be back online until Sony is 100% sure that the network is safe, and stable. Having not been aware of the extent of the attack on Sony’s servers, more testing is needed because of the complexities of the PSN network.
No new date was given on the resumption of the PSN service.
- PSN Status Offline During Super Bowl [Update]
- Sony offering free PS Plus extension and discount on PlayStation Store for Christmas PSN outage
- Update (It’s Back Online) : PSN Seems To Be Down Again
- PSN Down on PlayStation 4 (Update: Account Management and Video Now Impacted)
- PSN Status Still Down, Xbox Live Patchy At The Moment