Shadow of War Debuts at Number 1 in Japan; Lost Sphear Bombs
Middle Earth: Shadow of War takes the top spot in the Japanese sales charts according to Media Create, and even though its numbers are very poor for a number 1 entry, tha game actually improved the sales of its predecessor Shadow of Mordor, which sold only 14.113 copies back in 2014. All things considered, Warner Bros. can be satisfied with the result, even though the game it’s far from attracting a massive audience in Japan. The game reached number 2 in the United Kingdom.
On the other hand Lost Sphear had a very disappointing debut, with the PS4 and Nintendo Switch versions entering at number 6 and number 9 respectively. Sales for this turn-based RPG from Square Enix’s Tokyo RPG Factory studio declined a lot from their previous project, I Am Setsuna, which sold 33.629 on PS4 and 27.994 on PSVita in its debut. It’s definitely bad news for the studio, which was conceived to reinforce the presence of classic RPGs in the market, a strategy that doesn’t seem successful for now.
The other relevant new release of the week is a new iteration of Sony’s No Heroes Allowed! series, this time dedicated to the VR market.
On the hardware charts, Nintendo Switch stays on top of the list, with most consoles keeping a constant number of sales from last week.
01. [PS4] Middle-earth: Shadow of War – 20.144 / NEW
02. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 19.622 / 1.232.523 (-12%)
03. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13.321 / 747.454 (-1%)
04. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions – 12.215 / 38.003 (-53%)
05. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX – 8.367 / 97.135 (-29%)
06. [PS4] Lost Sphear – 7.363 / NEW
07. [PS4] FIFA 18 – 6.703 / 75.791 (-49%)
08. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6.088 / 610.953 (-2%)
09. [NSW] Lost Sphear – 5.770 / NEW
10. [PS4] No Heroes Allowed! VR |PlayStation VR| – 5.462 / NEW
11. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – 5.457 / 105.298 (-57%)
12. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2018 – 4.307 / 102.018 (-31%)
13. [PS4] Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 – 4.093 / 14.919 (-62%)
14. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors – 4.016 / 53.531 (-50%)
15. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. – 3.966 / 155.634 (-17%)
16. [3DS] The Snack World: TreJarers – 3.939 / 180.898 (-5%)
17. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch – 3.815 / 44.239 (-12%)
18. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age – 3.659 / 1.741.582 (-16%)
19. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – 3.497 / 253.665
20. [PSV] Yoshiwara Higanbana Kuon no Chigiri – 3.396 / NEW
01. Nintendo Switch – 40.803
02. PlayStation 4 – 22.706
03. Nintendo 3DS– 20.745
04. PlayStation Vita – 3.938
05. Xbox One – 71
06. PlayStation 3 – 65
07. Wii U – 58
New Fist of the North Star Game Tops Japanese Sales
The new Fist of the North Star Game made by the Yakuza team tops the Japanese sales charts according to Media Create, with other new releases including Trails of Cold Steel I Kai and Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition.
New Tomb Raider Info Coming Tomorrow, May Have Already Leaked
The official Tomb Raider website promises new information tomorrow, but it looks like the site's source code gives us the new information already.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm Coming to Mac and Linux
Life is Strange: Before the Storm, the 3-part episodic prequel to the original game, will be coming to Mac and Linux sometime this spring.
Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT Adds Vayne from FFXII
Vayne Solidor from Final Fantasy XII is the latest addition to the roster of fighters of Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT, acting as a Vanguard warrior who throws strong short-range attacks.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Already Catching Up to the Sales of the First Game
Fans have given Warhammer: Vermintide 2 a warm reception, with the game crossing 500,000 sales mark only four days after its release on PC, a number that the first game only achieved after six months.