This Tuesday, get ready to start your engines on Hi-Rez Studio’s popular free-to-play MOBA, Smite. As the latest adventure mode that’s set to be released in the upcoming 4.6 patch for Smite will add something pretty unique for a MOBA game that everyone will surely enjoy.
Which is none other than the inclusion of a Mario Kart-esque game mode called “Apollo’s Racer Rumble”. Yes, you read that right. Smite is adding a wacky go-kart racer that will include power ups, stage hazards and more.
Check out the trailer for the latest adventure mode below to get your first glimpse of what’s to come when the patch goes live:
Much like the previous adventure game mode that was released a few weeks ago that added CTF to Smite, this game mode will only be available for a month. Additionally, those who have a bit of disposable income can also purchase the latest bundle for adventure game that will include the following items for 900 gems:
- Apollo – Winner’s Circle skin (limited)
- Music theme
- Racer pedestal
- Racer ward
- Gold Key
- Bonus rewards such as the “Awesome” chest that will grant you an exclusive skin
Alongside the newest adventure mode bundle, here’s some of the newest skins that will be available in the game including a Princess Leia inspired skin for Chang’e:
- Athena – Amazon
- Cernunnos – Mastery skins
- Chang’e – Intergalatic Chang’e
- Ratotaskr – Eager Consoles World Champ
- Susano – Serpent Slayer
And as always, there’s a new round of character balances and changes for this patch. Though, with the Spring LAN on the horizon this patch is pretty light in terms of changes as they’ve mostly focused on quality of life changes except for a few characters such as Hades, Ravana and Skadi. The changes for the aforementioned characters can be found below:
- Reduced Physical Protection scaling from 3.2 to 2.6.
- Reduced Base Health from 490 to 450.
- Increased Base Attack Speed from .87 to .95.
- Death From Below – Increased Damage from 50/85/120/155/190 to 70/120/170/220/270.
- Shroud Of Darkness – Reduced Mana cost from 80 to 60.
- Devour Souls – This ability now deals Detonate Damage to the Target being Detonated. Reduced Mana cost from 65/75/85/95/105 to 60/65/70/75/80.
- Pillar of Agony – Increased Protections from 60/65/70/75/80 to 60/70/80/90/100.
- Pillar of Agony no longer consumes Blight.
- Blighted Targets will now have their Magical Protections reduced before taking the first tick of damage.
- Mystic Rush – Increased Damage from 150/225/300/375/450 to 200/275/350/425/500.
- The linked target mechanic has been removed.
- Now provides a 50% Damage Reductions buff to Ravana upon landing.
- Enemy gods hit by Mystic Rush take 10% increased Damage from all sources.Mystic Rush can now hit Minions.
- Winter’s Grasp -Kaldr is no longer immune to Damage in this Ability, however, he will still fully heal on activation.
It should also be noted that those who were expecting the next god, Ganesha to be released with the 4.6 patch. Hi-Rez stated the release has been pushed back until 4.7 patch the earliest in order to work on some bugs regarding the character.
Those on console who are still awaiting the 4.5 patch that introduced the Egyptian mini-event and the Poseidon remodel can expect it to be released later this week at the earliest. As for the 4.6 patch coming to consoles, Hi-Rez revealed it will arrive in three weeks since it’s including a big feature to the game.