As we’ve previously reported during the past weeks where Hi-Rez Studios’ popular free-to-play MOBA, Smite is expected to see a remodel for Poseidon and a new mini-event for the Egyptian pantheon set to arrive relatively soon. Has finally been officially revealed by the Georgia based developer during the latest patch notes show.
Which sees both aforementioned features being included in their upcoming patch “Celestial Voyage” that’s set to arrive on the PC first as usual sometime early next week. Below you can catch the first look of Poseidon’s long-awaited remodel via his card art and the information regarding Smite’s latest in-game event:
It should be noted that alongside his model being updated, his kraken also received the same kind of makeover.
- Includes four new skins for Anhur, Bastet, Kephri and Neith.
- Upon buying the Celestial Voyage skins and completing the quests you will also receive a Loading Frame, Pedestal, Music Theme and a new feature to Smite a background loading screen.
- Those who purchase every item in the event and complete every quest will also receive limited skin for Thoth.
More information regarding the new event such as quests and crafting can be found here.
Aside from the new features being included in the patch, here’s what Hi-Rez Studios has in store in terms of character balances including a couple of nerfs to their latest god Cernunnos:
- Shackles – Increased Minion Damage Dealt from 25/45/65/85/105 to 50/70/90/110/130
- General – Reduced Base Power from 40 to 37
- Shifter of Seasons – Reduced Base Power from 40 to 37
- Bramble Blast – No longer slows
- Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 17 seconds
- Base Stats – Increased Health from 72 to 78 per level and increased movement speed from 365 to 370.
- Explosive Bolts – Decreased cooldown from 16 seconds to 14 seconds.
- Swift Vengeance – Nemesis can now use Abilities and Basic Attacks in between her first and second dash. Her second dash still goes on Cooldown after 2 seconds.
- Final Judgement – Increased mana cost from 90 to 100. Canceling the ability now costs 30 mana.
- Expose Evil – Expose Evil should now deal 75% of the remaining scaling damage in addition to the Base Damage it was already dealing.
Speaking of new characters, it appears that thanks to the latest PTS to go live last night we find a bit more information regarding Ganesha and Da Ji. Which sees both character possibility being placed in the Guardian and Assassin role respectively from the looks of their datamined abilities.
Smite is currently available for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms.