All remaining information on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was revealed today (November 1) in the game’s final Direct presentation before its launch. One of the mechanics discussed was Assist Trophies, as a new list of these support characters was given.
Here is a full list of new Assist Trophies announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in this new Direct, along with what game or series they come from and a brief description of their abilities:
- Yuri Kozukata from Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water – Takes pictures of fighters, temporarily freezing them and inflicting damage.
- Isaac from Golden Sun – Uses his Move technique to push fighters off the stage.
- Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance – Attacks fighters with his sword.
- Thwomp from Super Mario series – Lingers above the stage, falling on fighters that go beneath it.
- Spring Man from ARMS – Punches enemy fighters rapidly.
- Wily Capsule from Mega Man series – Uses floating orbs to attack fighters.
- Flies & Hand from Mario Paint – Swats fighters.
- Tiki from Fire Emblem Awakening – Transforms into a dragon and breathes fire on the field.
- Vince from Art Academy series – Paints objects that become obstructions on the field.
- Guile from Street Fighter series – Kicks fighters that get close.
- Akira from Virtua Fighter series – Attacks fighters with punches and kicks.
These new inclusions bring the total number of Assist Trophies in the game to 59. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is set for release on the Switch on December 7.