Square Enix just wrapped up their E3 presentation for the year, and among a number of reveals about upcoming games were a lot of announcements about older games that are getting ported to new consoles and/or remastered for modern consoles. Here’s a list of all such announcements:
- The 2003 GameCube game Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is getting remastered and ported to mobile devices this winter, alongside the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions.
- Square Enix reminded their audience that last year’s Octopath Traveler was just recently ported to PC.
- 2008’s Xbox 360 game The Last Remnant has been remastered and drops on Nintendo Switch tonight.
- 1995’s Super Famicom game Romancing SaGa 3 is finally getting localized for the west and will be available “soon” for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox One, and iOS and Android devices.
- 2016’s PlayStation Vita game SaGa: Scarlet Grace is also coming to the west as SaGa: Scarlet Grace Ambitions and will be available “soon” for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC, and iOS and Android devices.
- The 1999 PlayStation game Final Fantasy VIII is finally getting remastered and will be available for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC later this year.