Sales are extraordinary things, you get to purchase things at next to bargain prices. The Steam sale is no different. Many of these games you will purchase were probably ones you were going to get, but were waiting for the occasion were it was more affordable. Then there are the other, more hasty, spur-of-the-moment purchases you will probably never touch. In an effort to save you time, we have drawn up a list of all the bargain bin priced games that are worth a look at so you don’t have to waste time and money.
Games You Should Highly Consider (if you don’t already have it)
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition – $4.99 (or just the normal one for $2.99) With Fallout 4 rumored to be on the horizon, but still a fair bit away, why not reacquaint yourself with the universe with New Vegas?
- Borderlands 2 – $4.99 – It’s Borderlands and if you’re like me and have never played it before, but want to know more in anticipation to Tales from the Borderlands, then this is as good a time as any.
- Batman: Arkham Origins – $4.99 Well, Arkham Knight releases in just a little over 6 months, so why not get yourself up to date with Origins?
- Outlast – $4.99 Have a spare pair of pants handy. If you like being scared and bargains, this is the game for you.
- State of Decay – $4.99 You know how DayZ is continuously getting pushed back (all the way to 2016)? Why not play a zombie sandbox game that isn’t multiplayer, but also done to scratch that itch?
- Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition – $4.99 My love for Assassin’s Creed is not unknown. And this is the game that started it all for most of us fans. If you haven’t tried it, you now have no excuse.
- Assassins Creed Brotherhood – $4.99 Solid sequel to Assassin’s Creed 2.
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations – $4.99 Complete the Ezio trilogy!
- Assassin’s Creed 3 – $4.99 Although it might have released in a buggy way, it’s been fixed since then. A good game to try now if you have been avoiding it because of bugs.
- Paper’s Please – $4.99 This indie game sounds daft at first, it’s an immigration officer simulator. However, the gameplay and the story (yes, story) is oddly riveting. Give it a try, if only because it’s different.
- Hotline Miami – $2.99 It’s nuts. It’s frustrating. It’s a bunch of fun.
- Hearts of Iron 2 Complete – $2.99 In my opinion, still the greatest Hearts of Iron out there. Not as overly complex as Hearts of Iron 3 whilst maintaining enough detail to still be a fun and complicated experience.
- Civilization 3 Complete – $2.99 Civilization 3 was a good game and can definitely give a few of the older gamers on here a hit of nostalgia.
- Cities in Motion – $4.99 With a strong mod community, Cities in Motion makes for a very good game, arguably superior to its sequel Cities in Motion 2. The best mass transit simulation game on the market.
- Terraria – $1.99 Side-scrolling Minecraft for less than the price of a Starbucks coffee. What’s there not to like?
We will try to get back to you with the best deals of each day of the Steam sale so keep an eye out for our highlights. Happy shopping!
What have you gotten so far in the Steam sale? Let us know in the comments below!
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018