Nintendo has released a day-1 patch for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS which will enable online play and make some minor balance adjustments to the game. While the game isn’t available until tomorrow, you can actually download the update right now from the Nintendo eShop. This will let you dive right into the game without worrying about the patch come launch day. Here are the steps for downloading the update, straight from Nintendo:
- Perform a system update to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version.
- Scan the QR code to the right while connected to the internet
- Alternatively, starting Nintendo eShop on a Nintendo 3DS system that is displaying Super Smash Bros. on the HOME Menu will show a list of software with update data available, from which you can select and download the update data.
- On the Super Smash Bros. Ver 1.0.2 page, select “Tap Here to Download.”
- Once the download is complete the patch will be applied
- Information will be saved to the SD card, so be sure you have some available space.
- Start Super Smash Bros. and check that it has been updated correctly. If the version number show on the title screen is 1.0.2, the update has been successful.
If you have any trouble with the update feel free to click here and head to Nintendo’s official update page. It has “how to’s” on updating your 3DS firmware and scanning the QR code. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS hits retail stores and the eShop tomorrow, October 3rd. Be sure to check back here for our review as well as extensive walkthroughs and guides.
- This article was updated on:March 7th, 2018