Team Fortress 2 is exactly what is great about video games. You buy a game and get 5-6 years of supported gameplay out of the title through a developer like Valve. And in return you pay for little things in the game. But before I go off on a tangent about why Xbox Live sucks and Gabe Newell is completely correct in saying so, Steam recently released updates for Team Fortress 2. The major changes in the game include:
- Fixed an exploit related to The Amputator.
- Duel result notifications now show the winner’s Steam avatar.
- Fixed the alpha channel for CP_Yukon’s donation stamp.
- Fixed a client crash caused by overflowing the audio buffer.
- The Earbuds and the Gentle Manne’s Service Medal are now gift-wrappable.
- Stock TF2 weapons with custom names or descriptions are now gift-wrappable.
- Updated DeGroot Keep to fix a problem with missing models.
- Fixed a server takeover exploit related to point_servercommand entities.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed servers to circumvent the restrictions on commands they’re allowed to force clients to issue.
- Festive Winter Keys have been changed to regular MannCo Crate keys.