The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, the huge DLC expansion for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, has a release date of October 30th for Steam according to a new teaser trailer released by the developer. Consoles could be slightly delayed due to the various methods of release involves.
Referred to as a “mega DLC” Afterbirth is said to include an extra 100+ hours of content for the 2D roguelike. The update shared a bunch of details about what that extra content is, which you can check out below:
– Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
– Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
– Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
– 10 totally new and awesome challenges
– 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
– a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
– 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
– 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
– a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
– a greatly expanded soundtrack!
– new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
– a greatly expanded and updated hud system
– tons of new secret transformations
– 8 new bosses
– 25+ new enemies
– updated item combo system
– far too many new achievements
– 20 million new co-op babies
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is available now on PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PS Vita, New 3DS, and PC. Those who preorder The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth will receive a big discount over the final release price. Details on pricing should arrive when the preorder page goes up.