While the first multiplayer beta tech test for Titanfall 2 was just a way to get acclimated with the new game and provide feedback to the developer, the second of the two tests will allow you to unlock content that can be used in the full game. All you have to do is play the beta during specific times, which will then unlock the content to be used when the game launches.
The content in question is an exclusive callsign, which you can unlock by taking part in the beta on Saturday from 9-10 AM PT or 4-5 PM. This is being done to try and get as many people in on the beta as possible, making sure that the severs are ready for the game’s upcoming launch. A picture of the callsign can be seen via the image at the top of this post.
Unfortunately, the beta will once again only be available to take part in on the console versions of Titanfall 2, as the developer previously voiced concerns with having a PC beta. This mainly had to do with the increased likelihood of the game being datamined, which could result in confidential information regarding the game coming out before it should.
Patch notes were also released for the second multiplayer beta tech test, which are the following:
TIME TO KILL
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We’re still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
- Increased max wall-running speed.
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
- Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
Titanfall 2 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 28th.
- This article was updated on:August 26th, 2016