After unveiling details of TitanFall 2’s big update last month, which Respawn Entertainment detailed some of the content set to come once the update was released such as the inclusion of new maps, game modes and a playlist that’s tailored made for players. Is now live as of this writing.
But, for those out of the loop and haven’t been following TitanFall 2 due to recent releases or have been patiently awaiting this update to pick up the game once again, below you’ll find exactly what the update contains:
- Live Fire: A new Pilot vs Pilot elimination game mode! It’s a 6v6 round-based with no respawns, you will have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends. The team to win 5 rounds first wins the match.
- New Live Fire Map – Meadow, a lush location with grassy lanes and rocky outcroppings that provide site lines for long engagements and sneaky routes for flanking. Also zip lines are back!
- New Live Fire Map – Stacks, an industrial location of open areas that sandwich a dense center point framed by towering structures. The verticality encourages attacks from above and rushes from the outside lanes.
- New Faction Leader animations! Faction Leaders now play a randomly selected animation during the beginning dropship animation.
- New Audio for the DLC Commander Intros.
- Added a new execution, “Late Hit”. Deliver a flurry of Stim fueled punches that pummel your enemy to the ground .
- Mixtape Matchmaking: A complete overhaul of our multiplayer matchmaking. This new feature will allow you to create your own “mixtape” of modes to your heart’s desire.
- Gamepad: Custom Button Mapping (Pilot & Titan)
- Gamepad: Crouch Button – “Hold to Crouch” Option (“Toggle” is still default)
- Gamepad: ADS Button – “Toggle” Option (“Hold to ADS” is still default)
- Controls: “Hold <use> to Rodeo” Option (“off” is still default)
- Advanced Hud: Disable Party-Member Coloring on HUD (some colorblind players may prefer this)
- Community FAQ: New section of the FAQ to highlight upcoming patches, DLC drops, trailers, and creations from the community
- New Sounds for the Stim Pilot Execution, “Late Hit”.
- Added Film Grain Slider
- New ambient environmental sound effects to bring the livefire maps to life. Meadow is a fusion of virtual reality and natural forest ambiences while Stacks is a fusion of virtual and industrial sounds.
- Holo pilot decoy can now deploy on ziplines.
- Holo pilot decoy is more resilient when stepping over things and colliding with walls at certain angles.
- Holo pilot decoy is now visible in the threat scope and sonar grenade pings.
- Holo pilot decoy no longer runs on top of dome shields.
- Holo pilot decoy no longer crashes into the ceiling and dies when running through doorways.
- Holo pilot decoy should be more resilient when started during wallruns.
- Kraber can no longer be shot as a semi-automatic if the player presses the reload button at the same time as the fire button.
- Titans that are invulnerable while performing executions will have their lifebars colored gold and flashing to communicate their invulnerability.
- Added some out of bounds triggers and props to block off areas for Crashsite and Complex.
- FOV is now saved per-user.
- When switching weapons while editing a loadout, the game will now preserve your mod choices if possible.
- Ronin now shows his sword in the loadout menus.
- Credit purchasable items now show a credit symbol instead of a lock symbol.
- Friends’ names will now show up green in chatroom and in-game.
- Prime Titans can now use Nose Arts.
- Network Admins can send messages to the network in-game, rather than only through titanfall.com
- Added extra text to make clear that Warpaints are not supported on Prime Titans.
- Capped max range of Reapers’ weapons in Attrition.
- Toned down the excessively loud dropship sounds in Attrition.
- Adjusted Volume Falloff of Cluster Rocket Explosions so you don’t hear them from across the map anymore.
- Added some lobby text notifications to inform players that they are waiting on the party leader before restarting matchmaking.
- Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter.
- Reduced the area affected by the Nuclear Eject screen shake.
- Increasing crit damage Pilots deal to Reapers in Multiplayer.
Alongside the patch notes, Respawn Entertainment has also released details of balancing and miscellaneous fixes which includes specific fixes for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms here.
With the new free update now in the hands of the public, Respawn Entertainment has also one more treat for the playerbase of Titanfall 2. This one comes in the form of double XP event now being live from today until Monday. It should be noted that the double XP is only active for the Live Fire game mode.
Titanfall 2 is available for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms.