The Tomb Raider Definitive Edition will arrive on next-gen consoles in early-2014. The definitive edition will see graphical upgrades on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as all of the downloadable content that arrived with the game earlier this year.
It will be interesting to see if there’s any difference between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game. From the brief interview on the VGX, it sounds like the game has been in development for quite some time. Whether or not they ran into the same issues that developers ran into with the launch titles is anyone’s guess.
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition will arrive on January 28th for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Tomb Raider is also up for five VGX awards. The wonderful reboot arrived on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC early in 2013.
Crystal Dynamics has updated their Tomb Raider Tumblr with new details for the game. They say that this edition has been upgraded to native 1080p with TressFX hair rendering and a next-gen model for Lara Croft. Alongside all of the previously released content.
- The fully rebuilt game for next-generation consoles
- The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer
- Eight DLC multiplayer maps
- Six DLC multiplayer weapons
- Four DLC multiplayer characters
- Six outfits for Lara
- Dark Horse digital comic book “Tomb Raider: The Beginning”
- Brady Games digital art book “Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival”
- “The Final Hours of Tomb Raider” documentary series
- This article was updated on:December 7th, 2013