Last week we learned that developer inXile Entertainment were set to launch a Fig crowdfunding campaign for Wasteland 3, and today the campaign has officially gone live. With a little over 29 days to go in the campaign where they aim to raise $2,750,000, the campaign is already over halfway there with $1.5 million being raised as of this writing.
To go along with the launch of the campaign is the game’s first gameplay trailer, which you can check out at the bottom of this post. Here’s a breakdown from the game’s Fig page:
- A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
- By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
- Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Wasteland 3 will be in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and is currently targeting a Q4 2019 release. Check out the gameplay trailer below.